The Medical Center encompasses Moffitt and Long Hospitals, and Ambulatory Care Center on the Parnassus campus, and Mount Zion Hospital, Cancer Center and outpatient clinics located in the nearby community.
In conjunction with the UCSF police, a 24-hour-on-site Security Services Department is responsible for the safety and security of all Medical Center services and activities and is dedicated to the goal of helping patients, staff and visitors, and to enhance UCSF Medical Center as a safe and secure facility.
The scope of services include:
- Coordination of Card Access Systems for Medical Center buildings and departments.
- Mandatory Medical Center ID card program.
- Medical Center's access and parking control requirements.
- Workplace Violence and Threat Management services.
- Safety escorts for patients, visitors, staff and students to neighborhood parking lots and bus stops.
- State Department of Health Services and JCAHO safety and security compliance standards.
- Security, Fire Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness programs.
- Personal Safety training, orientations and crime prevention work shops.
Campus personnel requesting card access authorization to the Medical Center areas should email Medical Center Security management at [email protected].
Requests for security and non-emergency situations can be made by calling Security Services Communications Center at (415) 885-7890.
For additional information, please contact The Medical Center Security Director at (415) 885-7890 or The Medical Center Administration at (415) 353-2733.