The University of California takes very seriously complaints and concerns regarding the institution. Most complaints should be resolved at the campus level. If your complaint regarding the University of California has not been resolved at the campus level, you may present your complaint as follows:
- If your complaint is associated with the institution’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards you may file a complaint with the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the agency that accredits the University of California’s academic program.
- For all other complaints about UC that are not about UC’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may file a complaint:
- At the EthicsPoint website you can elect anonymity and/or confidentiality with respect to your complaint about the University of California. Your complaint will be conveyed to appropriate campus officials and may be shared with other relevant parties.
- To the State Attorney General by contacting the Public Inquiry Unit of the California State Department of Justice.
- Or by telephone or fax: Public Inquiry Unit Voice: (916) 322‐3360 or (Toll‐free in California) (800) 952‐5225 Fax: (916) 323‐5341
Note: Most complaints made to media outlets or public figures, including members of the California legislature, Congress, the Governor, or individual Regents of the University of California, are referred to the President of the University of California. Nothing in this disclosure should be construed to limit any right that you may have to take civil or criminal legal action to resolve your complaints.
The University of California has provided this disclosure to you in compliance with the requirements of theHigher Education Act of 1965, as amended, as regulated in CFR 34, Sections 600.9 (b) (3) and 668.43(b).
If anything in this disclosure is out of date, please notify the University of California, Office of the President, Vice President for Student Affairs, at 1111 Franklin Street, 9th floor, Oakland, CA 94607‐5200. This disclosure was last revised on 5‐19‐11.